1 tbsp. (or 1 package)Dry Active Yeast
1-2 tsp. Salt
2 cups Warm Water
Oil for bowl
1. In a bowl, mix together the flour and the salt.
2. In another bowl, combine yeast, warm water, add the flour/salt mixture. Using your hands, mix until it forms a dough. 5. Lightly oil a bowl. Place dough in bowl. Cover with a dish towel. Let sit at room temperature for 3 hours. It should triple in size.
4. Place on a lightly floured surface and knead for about 10 minutes. It should be supple and elastic when you stop kneading.
6. Preheat oven to 450°F. Knead again. Then cut dough into 3 parts and form each part into a long baguette. Place on a baking sheet. Let sit for at least 20 minutes.
7. Place a bowl of water in the oven. Bake baguettes for about 25 minutes (maybe less). Remove the bowl of water after 15 minutes of baking.